Aug 25, 2004

Go See SheHateMe

she_hateSo yesterday Dee and I went to see SHE HATE ME! Two words....EXCELLENT MOVIE! Fuck all of the Spike Lee haters who tried to shit on the movie before it even released. He's proven yet again that he is one badass filmmaker!

I'll admit, I was worried about the whole plot and all...a young black out of work executive getting paid big bucks to impregnate lesbians. I thought surely one flew over the cookoo's nest, but I gave it chance anyway and I am so glad that I did. I walked out of that movie thinking, my Spike Lee top three has expanded to a top four.

SHE HATE ME is so not for the stupid, which is why I believe the overall Yahoo grade for the movie was something like a C-. People just aren't ready. They can't handle it when a movie runs all over the field, yet still makes it back to home base every hit. Spike made several salient points and commentary about the notion of family, homosexual relations, corporate scandal, government corruption and race.

Five words...

GO SEE SHE HATE ME!!!

It's a must see twice!!!

So not for the stupid!!!

Ok, 15 words, but you get my point!!!

For more info check it out: http://www.sonyclassics.com/shehateme/flash.html

-M

Oh, and shout out to Paula Jai Parker for breakin' it down pre-sex rap style!!! I laugh at just the thought of that scene.

No comments: