Feb 27, 2005

Don't Hate On Us...We're Fabulous

I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE! No matter what we do and how frustrated and sometimes infuriated I get behind some of our antics, I still can't help but love the hell out my people. It's not like I forget, but sometimes...

I spent this weekend in Los Angeles and everytime I visit, I really have to wonder I how survived 7 years of residence. I don't mean survive as in life or death, although I did reside in South Central, but more psychological survival.

The purpose of my trip was to help organize the baby shower of one of my best friends. My friend is a real nice girl with some g-fab tendencies, but a very nice girl nonetheless. Well, one of her tendencies is to hang with some downright hoodrat bitches! Now, my mom always reminded me coming up that "birds of a feather flock together." However, my girl Joc is a tad bit different, a little more refined than your average hood chick.

She invited some of her infamous "homegirls" to her baby shower, which was held at El Toritos (a Mexican restaurant chain) mostly on the west coast. This I must say, was a bad idea from the beginning. I told her if she wanted to have her shower at a restaurant...it needed to be at a buffet, where you pay as you enter. I was hoping to avoid the drama that took place at her birthday dinner last year and when the bill came this time, but no...she insisted on El Toritos.

Well, just as I suspected when the bill came, those bitches, who upon arrival occupied there own table away from the family and her other friends, got real stupid about paying up. Those hoes were over in the corner ordering beverages and extra sides of guacamole and sour cream ($3 extra per order) and then refused to pay. And why is that people don't seem to understand that just because your order is 9.99, doesn't mean all you have to pay is $10? Why was it so hard for a couple of them hoes to understand TAX and TIP?

My mom, who hates to go to functions outside of our family stuff was looking on in disbelief, yet offering extra cash, as was Joc's aunt, just so that we could all get out of there without making an even bigger scene! It was already a scene in there since one of those chicks used her outdoor voice (yes I said outdoor voice, y'all know how loud we are) the whole time she was there! I walked near the kitchen to find our waitress and I can hear her clear as day....WTF?

What was even worse was...3 of 4 of them bitches showed up empty handed. No gift, no card, no nothing! And you mean to tell me they couldn't even pay for all that they ordered?? My table ended up chipping in way more money than we should have, even though we all covered Joc's food, since it was her birthday as well.

Joc later asked me what went down with the bill and I told her. She was like...you should have told me because I would have chipped in. I looked at her and could have slapped her. Why does she not get it? The whole ordeal made me realize that you can't plan nice shit for some folks...my girl included. I learned my lesson. My mom's reminder seem to ring true at that moment. I guess birds of a feather really do flock together.


-M

3 comments:

Abeni said...

I know what you mean girl.always hate it when others never want to pay their part,just disgusting

summer of sam said...

you can take a nigga out the ghetto...

Anonymous said...

I wasn't surprised at all. Even though the invitations stated to bring at least 25 bucks for tax and tip. You and I both know that her other group of friends are scandalous and trifflin as hell.