Oct 29, 2004

Breaking News: One Happy Music Junkie!!!!

It's official....so says Thursday's RedEye Newspaper:

The Fugees are reuniting!!!!

(Article)

Ready or Not: All signs keep pointing to a Fugees reunion. It looks like the hip-hop trio Wyclef Jean, Lauryn Hill and Praswell Michel is ready to go back into the studio. A rep for Wyclef tells mtv.com the group will work on a new album when Hill finishes up her next solo album, which is due out in 2005.

Wyclef and Hill had a reunion of sorts in Septemeber when they took the stage together at comedian Dave Chappelle's block party in New York, and Wyclef and Pras recently collaborated on a remake of La Bamba for Wyclef's next album.

So I'm really happy about this beyond belief! I just hope that the creative process for Lauryn doesn't hold the album up like 5 years?!?! But seriously though, a remake of La Bamba???...man Clef are we reaching for material?

In other news: Fantasia Barrino's new album sounds like its gonna be FIRE!!!

(Article)

American Idol winner, fantasia isgetting some all-star help on her debut album, which now has a name: Free Yourself. The album, due out Nov. 23, features writing and producing from R. Kelly, Missy Elliot and Jermaine Dupri.

As excited as I am about her new album coming along and releasing like soon, is she really working with Missy and Kells? Don't get my wrong, both are incredibly talented producers. I think the album is gonna top the charts with some quality material, but I guess I'm just a little surprised thats all!!!

6 comments:

summer of sam said...

but, i mean, does anybody really miss pras? and when's the last time wyclef was important to hip hop.

i'm excited nevertheless.

nahmix said...

Pras...yeah I know right, but I actually think Clef is at his best in collaboration with the two...his solo stuff...mediocre at best. I'll admit though...Masquerade was pretty solid!

summer of sam said...

the carnival was the shit...but i mean, when you do duets with the rock, i really can't take you seriously.

Jdid said...

ya gotta view clef moreso as a musican than as a rapper. I'm actually a little worried about the fugees new album. NO way they live up to the accompanying hype.

nahmix said...

Gasp..don't say that...I think they can re-create the hip hop force!! I definitely think we shouldn't expect another The Score or even Blunted on Reality...but they have hot shit potential yet again!! Don't doubt. I saw Lauryn recently here in Chicago and though I was worried about how the knew stuff would sound, she didn't disappoint. Her new album is sure to be a banger as I am confident a new Fugees album will be!!

Anonymous said...

Uh... First, I'm going to be stealing the phrase "hot shit potential." I will pay the copyright in martinis and nachos at Bar Louie. Second, a Fugees album would be tight as fuck as long as they stick to the formula that got them over back in the day (60% Lauryn (in terms of vocals), 35% Clef (in terms of concepts and production), 5% Praz (for the sheer, dumb fuck of it). If either one of the nigs try to step up and do more, they're going to kill the whole shit. Like ol' boy said, Clef is a musician. He and Praz are lyrically boo-boo. Yeah, I said it.