Nov 26, 2004

After the fact: Dave Chappelle Block Party!!

So, I thought I'd share my findings with you all. These are some backstage photos taken by Questlove of The Legendary Roots Crew at the Dave Chapelle Block Party in NYC this past September. Look and enjoy!!!! (psssh...if you click on the each photo, they will enlarge a bit)


Common and Mos...Damn they're phyne


Another shot of the Mightly Mighty Mos


Jilly from Philly talking to Mr. Rebel Soul Martin Luther! I guess Jill said the rain ain't stoppin' her from doing her thang!!!


Lady E, looking smoked out and crazy as ever!!!


And yes you are seeing correctly. That is Roots percussionist Knuckles, Mc Black Thought sporting the airbrushed Big Daddy Kane jacket on the back and Mr. Big Daddy Kane himself looking extra plump and extra thugged out!!!


Even all nerded up, Common is still extra flyyy!!!

Common and Jill exchange a few words. Did I tell yall Common is phyne?!?!?

Now why couldn't I have been there?

-M

3 comments:

Jdid said...

Didnt you know its hard being the Kane :-)

summer of sam said...

there's also a few pics of l-boogie rapping lost ones to wyclef w/ pras standing on the sideline. it's in the vibe with ashanti, and on mtv.com.

nahmix said...

Yeah I guess Jdid. Thanks for the heads up Summer. I'll have to check those out.