Dec 2, 2004

So sad...


NEW YORK (AP) - ``Law & Order'' actor Jerry Orbach has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, his manager said.

``We expect he'll be fine. He's been playing golf, shooting his episodes and doing real well,'' manager Robert Malcolm told the New York Daily News for Thursday editions.

Orbach starred for 12 seasons in the original ``Law & Order'' series, but left to head the spin-off ``Law & Order: Trial by Jury,'' set to debut next year.

So far, Orbach's illness has not disrupted production of the new show in any way, producer Dick Wolf said.

``We expect him to make a full and swift recovery, and while he is receiving treatment, we will work around his schedule,'' Wolf told the News.

Orbach began playing Detective Lennie Briscoe in 1992, the original show's third season.

Born in the Bronx, he was in the original cast of the off-off-Broadway hit ``The Fantasticks'' and has appeared in such films as ``Dirty Dancing,'' ``Prince of the City'' and ``Crimes and Misdemeanors.''

On the Net: Law & Order

As a huge fan of Law & Order, since its very first season in 1989, it saddens me to hear this news! Jerry Orbach's character Lenny Briscoe was one of my favorites. I was disappointed when he left the show at the end of last season, but excited that he would be returning to head up the new installation of the series, Law & Order: Trial By Jury!!! I hope all goes well with his treatment.

6 comments:

Abeni said...

Hope he beats it.Law and Order is one of my favourite shows and I always enjoyed him and Chris Noth.

nahmix said...

OMG...Abeni, him and Chris Noth were my favorite pair on L&O too.

Robert Schumacher said...

Not Det. Briscoe!

Hope he gets better...Briscoe, Munch, and Fin are still my favorite L&O detectives. All wise-ass tough cops.

Abeni said...

Well we got impeccable taste:).Benjamin Bratt was good eye candy but not as interesting as the others

nahmix said...

I agree Abeni!

Anonymous said...

Chris Noth gets double props from me because of "L&O" and "Sex & The City." He was Mr. Big and I fucking loved Mr. Big.