Jan 25, 2005

Oscar Predictions

So, I watch the Oscars for one reason and one reason only...red carpet fashion. However, this year, I'm kind of interested to see who and which films will win Oscars in the coveted categories. I know who and what I'd like to see win Oscars, but unfortunately I don't think thats gonna happen. So here goes:

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Don Cheadle - HOTEL RWANDA
Johnny Depp - FINDING NEVERLAND
Leonardo DiCaprio - THE AVIATOR
Clint Eastwood - MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Jamie Foxx - RAY

Now, I would love more than anything to see Don Cheadle win best actor in a leading role. However, deep down I believe Leonardo DiCaprio is taking the Oscar home!

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Alan Alda - THE AVIATOR
Thomas Haden Church - SIDEWAYS
Jamie Foxx - COLLATERAL
Morgan Freeman - MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Clive Owen - CLOSER

I think Morgan Freeman should win the Oscar for best supporting actor, but Thomas Haden Church is going home an Oscar winner!

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Annette Bening - BEING JULIA
Catalina Sandino Moreno - MARIA FULL OF GRACE
Imelda Staunton - VERA DRAKE
Hilary Swank - MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Kate Winslet - ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND

I totally think Annette Bening deserves the Oscar for best actress, but I think we all know that Hillary Swank has bagged this one already!

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Cate Blanchett - THE AVIATOR
Laura Linney - KINSEY
Virginia Madsen - SIDEWAYS
Sophie Okonedo - HOTEL RWANDA
Natalie Portman - CLOSER

I think Natalie Portman is deserving of the best supporting actress Oscar and I think she may just get it! How about that?!?!

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
THE INCREDIBLES
SHARK TALE
SHREK 2

I'm not much of a cartoon movie fan, but I think The Incredibles may just beat our Shrek 2 for an Oscar victory!

BEST PICTURE
THE AVIATOR
FINDING NEVERLAND
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
RAY
SIDEWAYS

Ray is my Oscar choice because it was an excellent movie, but I think Million Dollar Baby will be deemed the best picture of the year!

So there you have it! I would love to eat my words, but some how if that happens, it won't be in favor of my preferences. Just a feeling!

-M

5 comments:

Abeni said...

Girl,we on the same topic!interesting Oscars and razzies this year

summer of sam said...

damn...you've given a lot of money to hollywood. i only saw like ray. that's why you'll get no predictions from me.

Anonymous said...

I think Jamie got a shot at best actor. Other than that I'll agree with you.

nahmix said...

Well...actually Summer, I only saw Ray too, but I had every honest intention of seeing Hotel Rwanda, Million Dollar Baby and The Incredibles. My predictions are strictly off of intuition and buzz.

Jdid said...

my bad anonymous was me