Feb 28, 2005

B-List Celebs Invade the Airports!

So, I told y'all about my trip to LA, but I forgot to mention the few celebs, who I managed to come in very close contact with or shall I say close proximity.

My flight out of Chicago on Friday morning took me to Atlanta, where I had to pick up my connecting flight to LA. While sitting in the ATL airport, I saw a group of young black guys approaching my gate. My first thought was, "damn can the bros where pants that fit." One of the guys looked real familiar, but I couldn't figure out from where at first. As we were boarding the plane, I stood right behind him.



It suddenly hit me that he was Romeo from the group IMX, formerly Immature.

As we continued to board, I realized that right in front of Romeo, stood


Omarion of B2K. They were much smaller in person than I ever would have expected. I will admit though...Omarion is really cute!

On my flight out of LA, back to Atlanta to catch my connectiong flight home to Chicago, I again flew with another B-lister, Clifton Powell, from the movie Ray



He was quite distinguished looking, almost old school pimpish! He was definitely clean and well put together.

The ultimate highlight of my travel experience came when my flight out of LA was delayed on the runway in Atlanta for 45 minutes. This meant that by the time we were allowed to pull up to the gate, I had 10 minutes to try and catch my connecting flight to Chicago. Needless to say, we arrived in concourse T and I was departing out of concourse B. Obviously, though I hustled, I missed that flight. When I arrived at my gate in concourse B, the flight had already departed. However, there was another flight to Chicago leaving six gates down an hour later. Well something in me decided that I needed to run from gate B26 to B20.

As I sprinted down the corridor, who did I almost knock over as he stepped out of the men's room; none other than...



Dr. Cornell West, acclaimed Princeton University professor and public intellectual!

He was startled. I looked up, smiled and kept running!

-M

3 comments:

summer of sam said...

you shoulda been like, 'race matters' and kept running.

i wonder if he woulda got the double meaning.

Jdid said...

did the man send you to bump off cornel. admit it now :-)

nahmix said...

Y'all are a mess!!!