Sep 10, 2006

This might explain the delay, or not...


So rumors have been flying since July that Columbia is refusing to release Lauryn's third album, fearing that it won't sell. I don't know if it's true or not, but a group of Lauryn fans seem to think so and have put together a petition in support of it's release.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/laurynhill/

If it is true, all I have to say is shame on Columbia. I've seen their roster of artists, I'm sure they aren't new to poorly selling albums!

7 comments:

chrome said...

same ol story. they can't box her so they wont shell out promotion money. the core audience know the deal.

nice change of template. i'm mad due for an overhaul

Jdid said...

swore i heard a sista who sounds lke her onn meths new album

Unknown said...

Ain't nothing the fans can do I'm afraid. It's Columbia's money.

Mad Bull said...

Hmmm! I love Lauryn. I think they should release the album.

Anonymous said...

If this third album is some more unplugged, unpolished bullshit, then, I hate to be a beyotch but I don't blame Columbia. She can keep that sh...

I'm so over Lauryn floating on the old image that I don't know what to do. It's like, what has she really done in the past six years to affirm all this love niggas have for her? Except the Dave Chappelle block party? And even that was a while ago...

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Columbia is just using this as a marketing tactic.

Anonymous said...

hey lady! i found you, how are you? you've been missed. i'm hoping to hear somethin' outta this corner of the blog soon.

holla!