Sep 17, 2007

Spring is in bloom...

Thought for the day: Never apologize for pursuing what makes you happy!

I discovered this quote recently in the signature of a friend's forwarded email. Instantly, one thing became clear: I need to find out what makes me happy, both personally and professionally. So, even though this is just the start of fall and we're quickly approaching winter, my personal spring is already in bloom!

Highlight of the past few months:

July
I attended my friend saf's baby shower. It was great to visit with her and tummy girl. I can't wait to go back and actually meet Micaiah.

I went to my 5-year college reunion. I had a better time after 5 years than I ever had as a student. It was good to be back and see old friends and other alumni.

August
I moved to the north side of town into a great 3-bedroom apartment with two friends. The change of scenery has been good for me. It's also wonderful to have more space and great company.

I spent a long weekend in New York City. I saw The Color Purple and loved it. It was a much better cast and production, than it's Chicago run. I love spending time in NYC. It truly is where my heart is. One day, I'm certain I'll call it home!

September
I visited my friend Reena in Philadelphia. It was so good to finally make my way to Philly, which is home to my favorite band...The Roots. It was good to hang out, drink, drink and drink some more. For someone as directionally challenged as me, I learned my way around in no time. Philly is a smaller city than I had imagined. I loved South Street.

I bought a new car. My second born died on Labor Day. It wasn't worth the money it'd cost to revive it, so I donated it to the American Heart Association.

Also, I never got around to posting my coachella pics back in April, so here are some of my favorites: http://www.dropshots.com/mrose23

2 comments:

Jdid said...

glad to see you back. hope your 'spring' goes well. couldnt get into the photos though

Abeni said...

welcome back miss stranger