Sep 18, 2005

Emmy Fashion 2005...

What's a wannabe fashion critic to do other than call a spade a spade?
Now Mary McCormack should have known better than to have left her house wearing this nightmare! Where was she going? Junior prom 1986?



I don't know who this Brenda Strong chick is, but this dress is not only hideously designed, but it's unflattering.



This dress is gorgeous. I'm on the fence as to how I feel about it on Stockard Channing, but I love the dress!



Alyson Hannigan is wearing one of my favorites of the night. I think she pulled it off pretty well, considering that I hate colors in the pink, white and tan families on white women.



Portia de Rossi should have been arrested by the fashion police for wearing this dress. I mean...WTF? It's orange! It's poorly designed! It's unflattering! It's an all around fashion DON'T! She looks like a orange popsicle.



Poor Kathy Griffin...not a clue as to how terrible she looks. YUCK!



Terri Hatcher could have done better...not a fan of this one!



No matter what Jennifer Love Hewitt wears, she always looks terrible! It's really unfortuate, but I guess no amount of money can buy taste, no more than designer duds can make trash look less trashy!



Kathleen Robertson's dress is beautiful. It's simple, yet chic and she just barely manages to pull it off; thanks to a last minute trip to the tanning salon.



I'm on the fence about this dress that Kelly Rowan is wearing. It doesn't scream gorgeous, yet I'm also not repulsed.



This pale, ill-fitting dress does nothing for Kim Raver other thn make her hips look square.



What a fabulous dress! It's definitely another favorite of mine, just not on Alex Kingston. Unfortunately, that bottle blonde hair screws up the whole look!



Simply put, Kristen Bell appears to be wearing a lamp shade! Two thumbs down!



Lauryn Graham should stay away from red! She also could have done better with that hair.



Aside from the fact that I don't get the Desperate Housewives craze, I am really sick of seeingEva Longoria. That peach color is all wrong for her. The dress would have looked better in black!



Although Camryn Manheim has lost well over 100lbs, she played it safe in this burgundy number. I love the color. I don't hate the dress, but I'm not especially fond of it either. It looks like something Oprah wore to the Oscars earlier this year?!?!



Marg Helgeberger's dress is just blah. She looks ok, nothing to write home about.



Whoever this Mary Lynn Rajskub is, she looks terrible. She does't have enough boobs or hips to pull this dress off.



I've loved S. Epatha Merkerson since her early early days on Law & Order when she only had a few random walk-ons, but she has way too much going on with that jacket. It totally takes away from what appears to be a simple and elegant dress. But on another note, many congrats to her for finally getting an emmy nomination and a win, not for Law & Order, but for Lackawanna Blues!



I think Debra Messing is very pretty and has way too much potential than this dress suggests. At first glance, I found it slightly reminiscent of Halle Berry's Oscar winning gown, but clearly she would know better than to try and follow Halle's footsteps. It's a great color...but not quite two tumbs up!



YUCK! YUCK! YUCK! What on earth was this Molly Parker woman thinking??



Samantha Harris picked a winner, simple yet elegant.



Shannon Elizabeth also picked a winner! The white looks great on her, very classy.



Nicolette Sheridan could have done better. She appeared to go for a simple, yet chic look, but only achieved simple.



I don't know who this Shohreh Aghdashlo is; hell I can't even say her name. Love the color and the design of this dress, but for some reason it draws unnecessary attention to her mid section and the pose does nothing to help it!



And the award for best Barney look-a-like goes to none other than Star Jones...Reynolds if you like gay men! This dress looks like one Oprah wore to an awards show circa 2001?!?! No amount of weightloss or money will turn her into an attractive woman.



Is this some joke that only industry insiders understand? Because I don't get it! Hiedi Klum's dress looks my late grandmother's bed spread.



Hideous, Hideous, Hideous!!! I expected so much more from Charlize Theron. her dress reminds me of that terrible lace mesh thing Gwen Paltrow wore to the Oscars a couple of years ago.



So Karrine "Superhead" Stefans makes her red carpet debut with her man Bill Maher. She looks like a hooker who some how found herself with a wad of cash on Rodeo Drive, trying desperately to upgrade her look ala Pretty Woman. Too bad she's no Julia Roberts. She looks a hot mess with in that dress and pin up hair.



I've liked Marcia Cross from back in the days of Melrose Place. I love this dress. I think she looks stunning.The design and color compliments her hair, skin and figure. She ties at the number 1 spot for best dressed!!



Proving once again that she may not be the greatest actress in the industry, but Halle Berry's style and choice of gowns at these award shows is just impeccable!! She always looks like a total package from head to toe. Just look at some of her best. She can wear a brown paper bag and still look more elegant and sophiscated than most of the women above! She ties with Marcia Cross for number one best dressed of the night!


Fashion critique: Oscar 2005

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K., now we got something we can agree on. I loved Halle in this blue, I also loved Marcia, and thought Kathleen pulled off that peach, considering how close the shade was to her skin. As for the rest of these hoes - it's like, can you say "stylist"? And if you used one, then she and you ought to be ashamed. Everybody was just so blah! And if they weren't blah, they were just plain bad (i.e. Star in that velvet). I hope that they come one better at the Oscars. Oh, yeah, and I am so glad that S. Epatha Merkerson won for "Lackawanna Blues" That was my shit!

Jdid said...

i dont know half these women but i do know Shohreh Aghdashlo didnt you see house of sand and fog

summer of sam said...

i can't believe that bitch was nominated for their eyes were watching god

that is all.

Abeni said...

Thrilled that Epatha Merkerson won.I liked Halle's dress as well as Shannon Elizabeth's.

nahmix said...

@saf...wow this has to be a first that we've agreed on som many!

@jdid...you're right, I forgot.

@summer...I've tried rea hard not think about that.

@abeni...yeah me too. Shannon Elizabeth did pull off the white.

chrome said...

babes I don't know any of these chicks. except of course the last cutie

Samantha said...

You talk so much crap about most of these women's dresses yet I bet you can't afford to buy any single one of these dresses so your not the best critic for this subject. Unless you wear expensive, fashionable dresses yourself.. YOU NEED TO STFU!