Apr 6, 2005

1 Reason to go to the Taste of Chicago


Lauryn Hill, Santana to entertain at Taste
Lineup set for 11-day food fest in Grant Park

By Greg Kot (Chicago Tribune)

A Taste of Chicago lineup featuring Lauryn Hill, Clint Black, Steve Winwood and Santana will be announced this week, the Mayor's Office of Special Events said Tuesday.

The 11-day festival will begin June 24 at the Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park with a headlining performance by the mercurial Hill, who has yet to record a studio follow-up to her multimillion-selling 1998 debut album, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill." The former Fugees vocalist remains one of the most compelling performers in contemporary folk-soul.

The rest of the lineup includes LeAnn Rimes and Aaron Tippin on June 25, Black and Julie Roberts on June 26, a Broadway in Chicago production on June 27, Donna Summer on June 28, the Gap Band and Morris Day and the Time on June 29, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Creedence Clearwater Revisited on June 30, Winwood and Dr. John on July 1, Santana and Los Lonely Boys on July 2 and a fireworks show on July 3.

John Hiatt playing with the North Mississippi All-Stars will close the festival on July 4 with a still to-be-named headliner.

-------------------------

I can never get enough Lauryn, but I have to admit...Santana, Donna Summer, the Gap Band and Morris Day and the Time makes me just as happy! I really like festivals in the park, but the Taste of Chicago is something very different. As a kid, I loved it, but as an adult, it's annoying. Every year, I remind myself just how much I hate being out in the sun with a million people and clouds of smoke from food cooking on open grills. I even vow not to go, but every year, the Taste of Chicago gives me a reason to drag myself right out to that park!

-M

7 comments:

summer of sam said...

i'm so excited! i keep peeing my pants!!!!

nahmix said...

so does this mean that you're actually going to go...outside, in the heat, with millions of people?

summer of sam said...

oh hell yeah. i'll be the first one there.

lilmzbabygrl said...

Have fun ladies!

chrome said...

ok that's it. you've gotta take me. my celly's 07... lol

hope you keeping ok miss mixa.

SimpleKiwi said...

Just stopping by to say hi.

The taste, you say? I've been quite a few times with my family, and only twice by myself. I don't know about the music selection, mainly because I go for the food. (Orange chicken and expresso. Yippers.)

Anonymous said...

DANG, and I'm moveing form Chicago in the middle of June........