May 3, 2005

The sun will come out....tomorrow!!!


So, it's been almost a month since I've last been on here. Blogging seems like such a foreign concept right now. So much has happened, that I'm not really sure where to begin, but I'll start by telling y'all, the last few weeks have been a serious whirlwind of highs and lows. However, as the title suggests, the sun will come out tomorrow, or hopefully soon thereafter! I can honestly say that inspite of all of my mini-dramas and near meltdowns, I feel a bit better about my situations and that's rather unusual!! But as always, the usual is still just that...USUAL.

So, in case you were wondering where I've been, what I've been up to or how I've been doing, here's a bit of a run down.

I am still struggling and just about failing my Data Analysis class. It's of course my own fault because I haven't been doing the work. In another class, I had a professor totally flip out on me on some foreal bullshit. So, I got out of that situation quickly. Thank God!!! I am completely overwhelmed by everything else related to my education, which if I can keep it together for a few more months, I'll be graduating in December!!!

My money is still funny. I just don't make enough loot to live the way that I want and I can't motivate myself to really change my lifestyle.

My job is still a bit underwhelming! I feel like such a fuck up most days. Every machine I touch in the office either makes weird noises, jams or completely stops working. Additionally, I am often just completely BORED with the quality of the work assignments.

I am currently living real foul! My apartment looks like ole George Dubya dropped bombs in my living room, bedroom and kitchen! It's such a mess that in some areas, I can't even see the floor. I don't know where to begin and like everything else, I can't motivate myself enough to really do anything about it. Ask any one of the chix; every time they talk to me, I'm always cleaning; yet can't seem to get this apartment clean! Thank God I don't own a pet.

My bitch of a roommate moved out expectedly, but left a mess! Nasty Bitch! So, thats double the dirt. I am currently living alone in a very dirty 2-bedroom apartment, which the alone part really ain't that bad!

I have yet to lose the pesky 20lbs that I vowed to lose at the start of the year. Unfortunately, I fear it's never going to happen now because I started eating the yard bird again!

And to add insult to injury, I am still dickless in 2005, yet the center of every gay man's universe. They love the shit out of me! Y'all better bow down to the Queen Hag. My reign continues!

So, if it sounds like my life is sucking right now...that's because it is!! But, in spite of it all, I have resolved, YET AGAIN to persevere.

I will make it through the next seven months of graduate school, some way, some how. I will pass my Data Analysis class, finish my two incompletes from previous quarters, take complete my last four courses and graduate in December.

I'm going to attempt to make better sense of my financial situation. I am even comtemplating taking on an additional part-time job, but only during the summer to supplement my income. I'm even seriously considering curbing my spending...Ouch, it hurts already!

Surprisingly, I had a nice talk with my boss recently, which made me feel better about my job and about my career development for now. The old adage is true; ask not and you have not. I have to work on getting the knowledge and skills that I need out of this position if I'm going to pursue a real career in fundraising for now. It's solely my responsibility!

Yeah, I'm living pretty foul in my apartment, but that's not going to change until I move into my new dreamboat apartment at the end of this month. By that time, I will be through a few rough academic spots and hopefully in a different mindset. My new place is gorgeous and inspires me to the high standards of cleanliness indoctrinated in us Caribbeans. Afterall, cleanliness is next to godliness!

Although I haven't lost 20lbs, I also haven't gained the first 26lbs that I lost back. So, I am at a standstill and foresee myself here for a couple more months. I guess it's really not the end of the world!

And as for matters of the bedroom...I plead the fifth for now!!!

So there you have it; my pathetic life in a nutshell. Stay tuned for part 2! My life over the past few weeks did have a few highs... a trip to NYC with the chix, a Nikki Giovanni lecture, a couple of plays etc.

-M

P.S. Thanks to all for the kind comments, emails and inquiries. This sistah is still alive!!!

6 comments:

Jdid said...

hey I missed your blog, I'm glad to see you're still surviving. I like your attitude that you will persevere as well. Keep your head up all of your troubles are temporary and you can solve them. Good luck on all fronts sis.

Abeni said...

Welcome back.Every situation is a lesson to be learned.Don't give up.One day you will lok back and laugh at how you beat this.Keep that head up.

lilmzbabygrl said...

Glad to see you've made it back. Don't sweat it, everything will work out for the best!!

summer of sam said...

'bout time. though we talk everyday, i still miss your blog.

i'ma come over and help you clean, and we're working on that dick.

sm.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't said anything, but I have been a little disappointed, coming to the blog and seeing that it hasn't been updated. But I know how hectic shit's been for you so... I'm just glad that things are looking up. And you know I'm down to help you with anything you need. Just ask.

nahmix said...

thanks y'all!!! :-)